Do celebrities like to wear clothing that has their name, logo, or image of them on it? I hope somebody has some experience with this because I am looking to send lonehoods to celebrities and I'm wondering if they prefer to wear something that is custom made for them? Personally, I don't think that a lot of them would like to have their name all over their hood but then again a lot of celebrities are a lot cockier than others. Since I have been weighing this option out I'm going to break down the upside and downside of doing both, for me and the celebrity.
Downside for me:
- It will obviously take me a lot more time and money to customize every single hood to each celebrity.
- There is a good chance that all of that work goes to waste and that they never even see the product.
- I will be sending two products if I do design one, just in case they don't like the design but want a normal product.
Upside for me:
- I will get a lot of practice designing the lonehoods and who knows maybe the design will be so good that they will want me to sell it.
- It might have a better chance of actually getting into the hands of the celebrity I am sending it to.
Downside for celebrities:
- Lonehoods provide anonymity and maybe they do not want their name written all over their head when they are trying to go unnoticed.
- Maybe they are very modest and would never wear something with their name or picture on it.
Upside for celebrities:
- If the design is really good and maybe has a personal touch to it it might be something that they keep as a souvenir.
- There will be no doubt in their mind that the product is specifically for them and nobody else.
I think that I will send normal products out without designs because for the time being I think that they downsides are out weighing the upside. The anonymity factor is also a big thing when it comes to celebrities and if they want to ignore paparazzi I think this is a great product for them to wear.
What do you think, do you agree?